Board of Directors
The Las Vegas Chapter of AFP Board of Directors consists of members designed to work together to promote and advance the profession of philanthropy in our geographic area. Each board position has a specific area of responsibility and all are encouraged to work together to achieve the chapter's goals. Members are elected annually at the Chapter's annual meeting held in October. Member of the Board of Directors must be current active members of AFP.
Specifically, each director shall:
- Be an active AFP member in good standing.
- Endeavor to attend all board of directors meetings.
- Assist in the securing of Chapter Program sponsorships and Philanthropy Day Conference sponsorships
- Prepare a written report for the board of directors meetings.
- Submit written reports when unable to attend a board of directors meeting.
- Recruit committee members willing to actively serve and to mentor new members.
- Make a personal financial commitment to the AFP Foundation and the Las Vegas AFP Chapter and encourage committee members to make a commitment.
- Provide committee members with a copy of responsibilities and timeline, and inform committee members in areas of general chapter procedures and policies.
- Hold meetings as needed with committee members to focus on planning and evaluating all events and projects.
2013 Las Vegas AFP Board of Directors
- Brenda Griego – President
- Open – President Elect
- Kim Nehls – Treasurer
- Anne Browne – Secretary
- Brittany McCoy – Chair, Membership
- Dana Earhart Litif - Chair, Mentorship
- Kris Darnell - Chair, Marketing
- Marge Becker – Chair, Diversity and Inclusion
- Cameron Stuart – Chair, Ethics
- J. Russell Raker – Past President, 2010
- John Gallagher – Past President, 2011
- Sylvia Wolf – Past President, 2012
- Lucy Klinkhammer – Chair, Government Relations
- Caleen Johnson – Philanthropy Day Committee Member
- Gwen Bowen-Paxon – Philanthropy Day Committee Member
- Leigh Aurbach – Program Co-Chair
- Ryan Corry – Program Co-Chair
- Jon Guy – Committee Member
- Laura Fritz - Chair, Awards Committee