2012 National Philanthropy Day
National Philanthropy Day
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Golden Nugget in Las Vegas
AFP's annual celebration of National Philanthropy Day, held at The Golden Nugget on November 13th, was a resounding success. Keynote Speaker Bruce Spotleson of the Greenspun Media Group and KTUD-TV expressed his heartfelt thoughts on philanthropy, community and engagement. In his words: "This year's award winners were perfect examples of the quality of volunteers, professionals and philanthropists that we have making a difference in the quality of life in Southern Nevada."
Sylvia R. Wolf
2012 President , AFP Las Vegas Chapter
Bruce Spotleson, Editor and Publisher with the Greenspun Media Group, was the keynote speaker at this year's Association of Fundraising Professionals awards luncheon.The Las Vegas chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals proudly announces the winners of its 2012 National Philanthropy Day awards.
This 21st annual event recognizes individuals and organizations whose philanthropic endeavors have made a significant impact on the quality of life in Southern Nevada and/or in the non-profit organizations where they serve. The six award winners are:
- Outstanding Philanthropist – Ted & Doris Lee
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser – Marta Poling-Goldenne, Pastor, New Song Church, Henderson
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional – Barbara Wood, Director of University Relations, Roseman University of Health Sciences
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – Ciera Cypert, Student, Western Career & Technical Academy
- Outstanding Corporation/Foundation – Cox Communications
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Ann McGee, Founder, Miracle Flights for Kids
The event was Chaired by Charlie Guida of the St Rose Dominican Health Foundation and Leigh Aurbach of The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. Doretha Easler, NV Energy, is the Honorary Chair of the Awards Committee.