Under the direction of the Director of Development and Marketing and in collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Director, the Community Engagement Manager develops and manages community relationships to build the pipeline of Annual Gifts including foundation, major and planned gifts in support of CARE Chest. The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donor prospects and aligning donor interests with CARE Chest’s fundraising priorities and campaigns.
The manager will work closely with the Development and Marketing Director and administrative leadership to build the Culture of Philanthropy and ensure CARE Chest’s financial success in Southern Nevada. This position is a high-level frontline fundraising and community engagement position. The Community Engagement Manager serves as a key member of the Development team, providing support to meet the goals for program outreach and awareness, cash and in-kind donations, Community CARES and Club CARE Chest participation, events, and other initiatives.
Reports to the Development & Marketing Director
- Cultivates and solicits major gifts and leadership annual gifts. Research and recruit new and potential donors
- Manages a pool of 200+ donors, maintaining a robust annual face-to-face visit schedule to provide frequent, meaningful, and personalized contact with donors.
- Help to secure funding from private and corporate philanthropy with the goal of raising $500,000 – $1,000,000 annually
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the Development and Marketing Director and Executive Director with their solicitations (e.g., provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Provides frequent personal contact phone conversations, email and traditional correspondence to keep donors abreast of CARE Chest’s needs and funding priorities, and to determine how those priorities align with the donor’s philanthropic interests
- Immerses themselves in CARE Chest’s culture and programs in order to accurately and effectively tell the CARE Chest story when meeting with donors.
- Uses a moves management process to ensure that donors consistently progress toward new, increased or continued philanthropic support of CARE Chest.
- Documents contact with donors in the databases (Monday.com and eTap) in a timely manner
- Participate in campaign and committee meetings and regularly report on portfolio progress using specific metrics
- Represents CARE Chest at selected events
- Assist with all special events to drive sponsorships, ticket sales/ attendance, perform typical event-related tasks leading up to each event and concluding each event to ensure successful execution and closure
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other duties as assigned
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/ Communications/ Business Development or a related field, or equivalent workforce experience
- Demonstrated success in grant writing. Submit requests, secure funding, and provide reports to private foundations, corporate donors and individuals under the supervision of and with assistance from the Development and Marketing Director
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write persuasively and effectively for varied audiences, and a high level of attention to detail and deadlines
- Proficiency working in a Google environment (Meet, Docs, Drive, etc), Microsoft Teams and in standard office apps such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Zoom required
- Demonstrated experience using CRM and database tools to manage constituents and opportunities required
- Commitment to CARE Chest’s mission to provide medical resources to Nevadans in need free of charge. Be an enthusiastic, articulate champion for CARE Chest!
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and humanity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Comfortable and responsible working in a remote work environment as needed
- Bilingual a plus
- Non-profit experience a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Anne Schiller, Executive Director, at aschiller@CAREChest.com.