About Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
Since 1941, the mission of Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada (CCSN) has been to serve our community’s most vulnerable men, women, and children. This leading community resource offers help and hope with dignity as it strives to meet the diverse needs of Southern Nevada. Through the generosity of foundations, grants, organizations, and individual donors, CCSN operates 16 programs providing support to more than 4,200 people daily and encompassing four core areas: Family Services, Food Services, Immigration and Refugee Services, and Homeless and Housing Services. CCSN also operates the largest Meals on Wheels program and Emergency Shelter Services in Southern Nevada. For additional information, please visit CatholicCharities.com.
The Development & Database Manager works closely with the Director of Development and the development team to plan and execute development and fundraising strategies with a focus on cultivation and stewardship of individual donors, employee giving campaigns, and corporate sponsorships. The Development & Database Manager organizes fundraising and special events and programs, and conducts agency tours. As an integral member of a growing development team, the Manager serves as a liaison between the agency and the community, representing the vulnerable in our community to donors, prospects, volunteers and other community stakeholders. The ideal Development & Database Manager is inspired and driven by the mission of Catholic Charities, and has the ability to manage daily donor operations as well as think strategically to help grow and maintain revenue streams for the agency. Salary range is $52,000-$53,000 per year.
Fundraising, Donor Relations and Community Engagement
- Manage and lead regularly scheduled and ad hoc campus tours. Implement and track tour conversion rate with a set goal of converting prospects into donors and volunteers. Support promotion and marketing of tours.
- Managing general donor appreciation and stewardship, including creating, updating, and executing strategic acknowledgment initiatives and processes.
- Craft agency acknowledgment letter templates, both quarterly and as needed, collaborating with other development team members and engaging in peer-to-peer review to produce professional and well-written messages, focusing on donor segmentation.
- Build and grow relationships with local businesses with a focus on sponsorship and growing employee giving and corporate support for the Agency, working closely with development team including the Director of Development and Volunteer & Outreach Manager to identify entry points for various businesses through financial, volunteer or engagement opportunities.
- Engage the community by attending events to promote and to represent the agency.
- Identify prospective donors through prospect research, and work with Director of Development and Vice President of Development to identify growth opportunities for current donors.
- Conduct regular evaluation of reports to see donor trends, drive department goals and recommend strategic adjustments.
- Oversee two Development Coordinators to manage database integrity. Initiate and drive data clean-up projects, processes and maintenance.
- Responsible for pulling donor lists for mailings and other projects.
- Create and maintain reports using Raiser’s Edge database to track progress and measure against goals.
- Ensure timely entry of all gift entry by Development Coordinators, including cash and in-kind gifts, and provide backup gift entry support during busy times, and as needed.
- Responsible for the execution and management of the agency’s annual fundraising luncheon including, but not limited to, day to day planning and timelines, coordinating invitations and mailings, drafting sponsorship materials, securing contracts and vendors, maintaining guest lists and records, and day-of event execution and post-event follow up.
- Support coordination and implementation of additional Agency-wide internal and external fundraising events.
- Supervise the Development Coordinators while working closely with the Director of Development, Volunteer & Outreach Manager, and Vice President of Development to achieve departmental goals.
- Responsible for managing various fundraising projects/initiatives assigned by both the Director and Vice President of Development.
- Support additional departmental and agency wide events and initiatives.
- Promote a positive, effective team culture.
- Protect all confidential information, company property and electronic data. Comply with safety rules.
- Other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of nonprofit fundraising development experience.
- Self-motivator, creative problem-solver and critical thinker.
- High attention to detail.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Excellent written communication skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Outstanding verbal communications skills, including public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, meet all deadlines and remain flexible.
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with donor database, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to interact and build positive relationships across the Agency, with external partners and vendors, and a wide range of donors, volunteers and community members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in nonprofit agency operations, specifically in the fundraising field equivalent experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule to work after hours and weekends, as necessary.
- Primarily works in office environment, and will also work throughout the agency and off site.
- Ability to operate and use office equipment.
- Ability to continuously sit and stand. Ability to walk frequently and climb stairs as needed.
- May occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada offers an excellent benefits package, including insurance benefits, paid time off, and retirement plan.
CCSN is a drug free and equal opportunity employer. All employees must successfully complete a drug test and background check prior to employment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please apply here.