Development Coordinator, Coachella Valley Repertory
68510 E. Palm Canyon Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234 – Phone 760-296-2966
Wage Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team, responsible for all aspects of donor CRM database management, donor and gift reporting, creation of acknowledgement letters, data entry, filing/record keeping, assisting with prospect and lead generation, in addition to other administrative duties. Through the coordination of data entry and extraction of the database and requisite donor correspondence related to gifts, this role supports many aspects of donor relations for the Development department, including subscriptions, sponsorships, fundraising, stewardship and donor events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Data Entry and Extraction:
- Collect and maintain all donor and prospect information in the database
- Serve as a “power user” of database, lead staff on constituent record maintenance, data extraction, network upgrades, and build Fiscal Year reports.
- Enter all gifts, pledges, pledge payments and in-kind gifts into donor software within established timeline
- Effectively carry out timely IRS-compatible acknowledgement of gifts and pledges
- Process and prepare all renewal communication efforts, including generating renewal lists and preparing requisite mailing needs for annual fund and pledges.
- Work with box office Management to coordinate donor subscriptions
- Preparation of data (segmentation, extraction) and execution of annual subscription renewals
- Make stewardship calls to subscribers and donors to encourage increasing their donation to high donor level that includes additional benefits.
- Ongoing prospecting and lead generation. Responsibilities to include: Prospecting from internal (VBO)and external sources (Wealth Engine) and incorporating lead lists into campaign efforts as needed.
- Preparation of donor/prospect summaries as needed for front-line fundraisers, executive leadership, and/or volunteer fundraisers
Reporting & Record Maintenance:
- Assist the development committee with special data extraction reports as needed
- Route cash receipts and pledge receipt reports to finance department
- Assist Development team with creating constituent lists as needed, including invitation lists, appeal recipient lists, etc.
- Deliver donor pledge reminders and invoices obtained from accounting. Manage Delinquency process for pledges and annual contributions.
- Prepare donor listings for donor recognition play bills (“Curtain Time”), donor walls and website.
- Reconcile month-end pledges reports for the development committee & finance department.
- Create and maintain a weekly call list to donors, subscribes and prospective donors.
- Operate with a virtual 100% accuracy and data-entry integrity
- Possess desire and ability to self-check work
- Regularly demonstrate sound judgment and discretion with confidential information
- Work as part of a team to engage in strategic and purposeful use of VBO CRM database to strengthen development practices
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to all staff regarding data availability, manipulation and extraction from VBO CRM database.
- Keep all documentation organized to be easily accessible by all users
- Possess a desire to develop a foundational understanding of Development and an appreciation for the importance of donor relations information management
The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, or crouch. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective project management skills, including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and creatively solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills, especially for phone calls to donors
- Skill with Microsoft Word and CRM database management, preferably VBO
- Above-average knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the organization
- 3+ years administrative/support experience
- Experience working with major databases and confidential information
- Experience in a nonprofit or arts setting preferred
4. Requirements: Full-time is 40 hours a week with variable times due to evenings and weekends for events and performances.
Salary – $31,000 – $36,000
Employees are eligible to join our Medical, Dental, Vision plans on the 1st of the month following the hire date. CVRep pays 80% of the premium for the employee only. Spouses and dependents can be added but the employee will pay 100% of the premium for them.
- Each employee is given $15,000 in Life Insurance paid for (100%) by CVRep.
- Employees get 10 paid vacation days accrued each pay period.
- Employees get 3 paid sick days.
- Employees get off major holidays based on the calendar provided each year.
How to Apply:
Call CV Rep @ 760-296-2966 or send resume to CV Rep, 68510 E. Palm Canyon Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234