The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at mailto:email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position will remain open until filled.
This position allows the CSN Foundation to create debt-free CSN graduates through philanthropy by:
- Raising more money.
- Proactive outreach to current and prospective donors.
- Stewarding donors using best practices.
- Tracking and reporting on philanthropic outreach and giving using Salesforce CRM.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is deeply familiar with annual and individual giving best practices and skilled in using data and systems to drive strategic efforts. We seek a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, highly organized development professional with outstanding writing and communication skills. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be excited to take on new challenges, and be able to work well independently and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CSN Foundation Executive Director, the Coordinator, Philanthropy is responsible for working as part of the Foundation team to meet fundraising goals. In this role the selected candidate develops and recommends a strategy for donors between $2,500 and $10,000. This role will combine fundraising experience with best practices in philanthropy that will:
- Retain existing donors.
- Increase the average gift size.
- Expand the number of donors.
- Proactively engage CSN Alumni.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan Management – Develops a donor and alumni plan with tactics that support the identified strategy. Educates within the development team the plan tactics and goals to ensure the plan is accepted and incorporated into the overall development plans and operations.
- Engagement and Relationships – Engages donors and alumni through effective communications (e.g., written, phone, in-person, web, social media and events). Builds relationships with donors and alumni in the portfolio and positions donors to move up the donor pyramid. Cultivates donors and alumni to solicit gifts that maximize philanthropic giving for the targeted segment.
- Team Collaboration – Works closely with the team to ensure overall success of the development function. Supports team members with parallel fundraising activities, such as entry level gift work, annual fund, stewardship events, planned giving, and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 3 years’ of years of nonprofit fundraising experience and 2 years’ of demonstrated experience in: Individual fundraising ($1,000+), donor communication and stewardship, managing multiple projects, prioritizing and organizing work, delegation as well as supervising, setting and reporting on goals, fundraising reporting to internal and external stakeholders, using a donor CRM OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years’ of demonstrated knowledge of annual giving, restricted giving as well as personal interaction with donors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience working with various social media platforms.
- Experience in alumni engagement and solicitation.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate the CSN and Foundation mission with stakeholders in person, by phone and in writing.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to work well independently, and alongside various teams
- Commitment to CSN’s commitment to diversity, multiculturalism, and emotional intelligence.
- Experience and/or knowledge of NSHE, federal and state regulations governing philanthropy, open meeting laws and nonprofit organizations.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$58,561 – $67,307
Local Search – Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
Exempt – Yes
Full-Time Equivalent – 100.0%
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
NSHE – INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/202249
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
How to apply
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2022495