The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Reporting to the CSN Foundation Executive Director, the Manager, Philanthropy is responsible for working as part of the Foundation team to meet fundraising goals. In this role the selected candidate develops and recommends a strategy for Major Gift donors between $5,000 and $25,000. This role will combine their fundraising experience with best practices in philanthropy that will:
- Retain existing donors.
- Increase the average gift size and expand the number of donors.
- Plan Management – Develop a Major Gift donor plan with tactics that support the identified strategy. Educates within the development team the plan tactics and goals to ensure the plan is accepted and incorporated into the overall development plans and operations.
- Donor Engagement and Relationships – Engage donors through effective communications (e.g., written, web and social media, events). Builds relationships with donors in the portfolio and positions donors to move up the donor pyramid. Cultivates Major Gift donors and solicits gifts to maximize philanthropic giving for the targeted segment.
- Team Collaboration – Work closely with the team to ensure overall success of the development function. Supports team members with parallel fundraising activities, such as mid-level gift work, annual fund, stewardship events, planned giving, and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position allows the CSN Foundation to create debt-free CSN graduates through philanthropy by:
- Raising more money.
- Proactive outreach to current and prospective donors.
- Stewarding donors using best practices.
- Tracking and reporting on philanthropic outreach and giving using Salesforce CRM.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is deeply familiar with annual and individual giving best practices and skilled in using data and systems to drive strategic efforts. We seek a high-energy, entrepreneurial, results-driven, highly organized development professional with outstanding writing and communication skills. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be excited to take on new challenges, and be able to work well independently and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience AND 3 years of demonstrated experience in the following areas: individual major gift fundraising ($5,000+), donor communication and stewardship, managing multiple projects, prioritizing and organizing work, delegation as well as supervising, setting and reporting on goals, fundraising reporting to internal and external stakeholders, using a donor CRM OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of endowments, restricted giving as well as professional interaction with donors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and/or knowledge of NSHE, federal and state regulations governing philanthropy, open meeting laws and nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate the CSN and Foundation mission with stakeholders in person, by phone and in writing.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work well independently, and alongside various teams.
- Commitment to CSN’s commitment to diversity, multiculturalism and emotional intelligence.
- Familiarity, and experience working with various social media platforms.
Starting Salary Range
- Administrative Faculty Grade D
- $72,864 – $74,000
Full-Time Equivalent: 100.0%
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following to their application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- List of three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
NSHE INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) must use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number, in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application. Application deadline is 11:59 pm the day prior to the listed close date.
Posting Close Date: 06/8/2020
Note to Applicant
- Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
- This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
- As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
- CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1915570
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.