About DISCOVERY Children’s Museum:
DISCOVERY Children’s Museum, based in Las Vegas, Nevada, is dedicated to the educational enrichment of children through hands-on, interactive learning. Now celebrating its 31st year, the Museum’s mission is to foster a welcoming, vibrant, and inclusive environment where all are invited to engage in playful and educational experiences that ignite a lifelong love of learning.
The Campaign Manager shall have responsibility for managing all of the campaign logistics as well as providing daily oversight and coordinated leadership for related Development activities including the major gifts pipeline, prospect management and research, donor engagement events, stewardship, and advancement services (database and reporting).
The Campaign Manager shall report to the CEO, with a dotted line relationship to the Director of Development. The Campaign Manager would lead a Campaign working group that includes the CEO, Director of Development, fundraising consultants, Campaign Chair and other Development staff as necessary.
- Providing coordinated and collaborative campaign strategy and oversight
- Manage and coordinate campaign activities, including staff major gift activity
- Manage a portfolio of 25 to 50 mid-level donors with a focus on upgrading into the major gift pipeline
- Provide staffing and support for the CEO, Director of Development, and the Board Chair in their donor engagement activities
- Manage and support campaign volunteers
- In addition, the Campaign Manager would coordinate campaign-related cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation donors in partnership with the Director of Development, and others as appropriate.
- Demonstrated record of managing and motivating professional staff.
- Direct fundraising and volunteer management experience, and demonstrated success at personally soliciting gifts between $5,000 – $100,000
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to coordinate well with peers.
- Adheres to ethical principals in all business dealings.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in fundraising and management, CFRE preferred.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in development is required, preferably with experience in at least two major sectors of fundraising.
- Proficiency with a donor database program is required; familiarity with Blackbaud a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software is required.
- Full-time, salary range $65,000-$70,000
- Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
Visit https://www.discoverykidslv.org/employment to apply. DISCOVERY Children’s Museum accepts digital applications only. A complete application includes the following:
- Cover letter: Must include position desired and salary requirements
- Resume and/or CV
Applications missing the above information will not be considered.
When submitting your application online, please save your documents as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF (.pdf) files.
To help us process your application as efficiently as possible, please save your files with the following filename format:
Cover Letter: LastName-FirstName-CoverLetter
Additional Supporting Documents: LastName-FirstName-DocumentName
DISCOVERY Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer that values and is committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.