Reports To: Director of Development
The DISCOVERY Children’s Museums seeks an outgoing, detail oriented fundraising professional to join a dynamic Development Department team leading the signature events fundraising efforts for the Museum. The Manager of Development Events reports to the Director of Development, serving as the lead fundraiser and planner of three (3) signature events, including Magic of DISCOVERY, Royal Tea and the Golf Classic. The ideal candidate will be creative and innovative, with the ability to conceive and execute high quality special events that meet or exceed annual goals, will have exemplary relationship building skills with donors and across the institution, and most importantly have a passion for serving children and families in our local community. The Manager of Development Events will be responsible for managing the strategy for meeting goals including: event logistics, sponsorship, individual donors and in kind requests. This position will lead the day to day planning of these three (3) signature events and will oversee each special events committee. Working with the Director of Development, this position will manage each event’s budget to ensure that expenses adhere to budget guidelines and goals are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs planning, communication, and execution of annual event-based fundraising efforts.
- Manages accurate donor records and event documentation.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy.
- Strategic thinking about donor engagement with the existing programs and events at the Museum as well as excellent social skills, with large groups as well l as individuals.
- Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and volunteers.
- Adept at problem solving and using judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact.
- Solicit high level in kind requests for events.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each project.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three to five years of non-profit experience, preferably in development or fundraising.
- Experience in successfully engaging volunteer leaders in fundraising.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Identifies, cultivates, and maintains relationships with donors/sponsors.
- Experience and proven ability to solicit gifts.
- Performs gift processing and entry into database according to best practices.
- Ensures proper stewardship and recognition.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Experience with constituent data management systems; Blackbaud’s Altru preferred.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume & cover letter to: HR@discoverykidslv.org.