The DISCOVERY Children’s Museums seeks an outgoing development professional to join a dynamic Development Department team which is responsible for all the major fundraising efforts for the Museum. The Manager of Individual Giving & Donor Relations reports to the Director of Development, supporting the activities of the development department and the development activities of the Chief Executive Officer. This position is responsible for corporate and individual gifts up to $1,000 and will spearhead the annual giving campaign. Critical components of this job include: exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to be outward facing with donors, strong sense of working independently on projects, the ability to think creatively and work collaboratively and most importantly a passion for serving children in families in our local community. The Manager of Individual Giving & Donor Relations will be responsible for managing the stewardship pipeline, maintaining current and accurate records and working on cultivation opportunities throughout the year.
The Manager of Individual Giving & Donor Relations will report to the Director of Development.
- Manage and implement annual giving campaigns
- Research and write bios for prospective donors from our events and creation of profiles for Governance and Major Gifts
- Assist with solicitation materials including: packets, collateral, specific program information, etc.
- Administrative duties for the Development Committee and Chairman’s Advisory Council; meeting minutes, mailing list management, room set up, packet prep, reminder emails, etc.
- Development liaison for event committees
- Manage all coding and classification for constituents in Altru (Committee, Prospective Donor, Board Chair, Event tags, etc.)
- Planning and management of cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year (Corporate luncheons, Young Friends Circle, Chairman’s Advisory Council, Exhibit openings, etc.)
- Track all interactions and development notes in Altru for CEO and Director of Development
- Prepare gift acknowledgements, renewal letters, pledge reminders and other correspondence; manage the stewardship pipeline
- Attend events and help as needed
- Coordinate high level in- kind requests for events
- Update development web pages
- Assuring contact information in the database is up to date for all donors and prospects, including committee coding, elimination of duplicate records, current email address, cell phone, spouse and children information, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years of non-profit experience, preferably in development or membership
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work and think independently
- Pleasant phone manner, with prompt and courteous customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Expertise with constituent data management systems; Blackbaud preferred (Altru or Raisers Edge)
- Team Player
- Excellent writing skills
DISCOVERY Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
To apply, please go to DISCOVERY Children’s Museum website and apply https://www.discoverykidslv.org/about-us/employment/
If you have trouble applying on the website, please send in your application to Human Resources, email – firstname.lastname@example.org