Our Mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence to thrive in work and in life by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools.
The Full-Time Executive Director is responsible for guiding Dress for Success Southern Nevada toward accomplishing its mission, vision, and guiding principles. The Executive Director reports to the Chairman of the Board and is responsible for engagement with Board of Directors, committee heads, and referral agencies to successfully fulfill its mission.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Lead the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions, and tailor messages appropriately for the team. Bring appropriate issues and policy decisions to the Board in a timely manner.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the mission
- Expand philanthropic support of the organization through identification and cultivation of individual, foundation, corporate, and public sources of revenue. Plays a lead role in all aspects of donor relations
- Promotes awareness and visibility of Dress for Success Southern Nevada through a variety of forums, including public speaking, media (radio, television, newspapers, magazines, and others) and other means of communication.
- Maintains a relationship with identified major donors and potential major donors
- Responsible for with grant solicitation, development, and grant writing
- Accountable for the fiscal integrity, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Develops and executes strategic planning to successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Represent the organization through active, presence in the community, working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations and a vision of Dress For Success Southern Nevada’s strategic future to staff board, volunteers and donors
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Manages all operations of the boutique, including leading staff and volunteers to insure successful programs, volunteer development and retention, and day to day client satisfaction
- Effectively administrate operations, including oversight and accountability to all administrative activity
- Lead, hire, train, coach and retention of competent, qualified staff and volunteers
- Signs all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
- Maintains oversight of master calendar of meetings, events, deadlines and boutique hours
- College degree in a related field
- 3 Years managerial experience in a dynamic, multi-layered atmosphere. Leadership experience in fast-paced environment such as retail, hospitality or marketing. Previous experience leading a non-profit
- Strong public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills
- Solid administrative skills and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Donor Perfect, Volunteer Local
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with national affiliates, community contacts and non-profit professionals
How to Apply: Apply at Indeed.com