Job title – Fund Development Director
Reports to – Executive Director
Status – Exempt, Part Time, Salary
The Fund Development Director supports the mission of Family Promise of Las Vegas by supporting financial development efforts; crafting and communicating organizational messages with the public, donors, and local congregations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Fund Development Director can be separated into two main categories: Fund Development and Communications.
- Maintain accurate records of donations, pledges and donor information in donor management software.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and cultivate donor relationships through phone calls, gifts, and personalized e-mails.
- Manage donor recognition, including mailing biweekly thank you letters, ensuring higher-level gifts are recognized by the board and Executive Director, and organizing donor recognition events.
- Provide support to FPLV’s Fundraising Committee, submit monthly reports to the Fundraising Committee Chairman, prepare reports for committee meetings, take detailed minutes of committee meetings, and manage follow up actions.
- Issue comprehensive tax letters every January to all donors.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board to create an Annual Development Plan to submit to the Board for inclusion with the budget plan for each fiscal year.
- Develop and implement annual and seasonal online fundraising campaigns including Giving Tuesday, National Family Promise promotions and Social Media fundraising, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct the “voice” of FPLV by creating consistent messaging surrounding FPLV’s activities, accomplishments, and mission.
- Leverage (or utilize) FPLV’s social media pages, including Facebook and Twitter, and further develop the social media presence.
- Assist in the planning of fund raising marketing materials, including preparation of brochures, posters, advertisements, email blasts, quarterly newsletters and news releases.
- Communicate regularly with donors, volunteers, and supporters through mass mailings, including seasonal letters and cards.
- Insure FPLV publications and social media follow established Family Promise branding and graphics standards.
- Contribute content for FPLV’s website to ensure accurate information and regular updates.
- Develop and nurture relationships throughout the community, including congregations, local civic associations and businesses through regular e- mail updates and public speaking opportunities.
- Act as one of FPLV’s public representatives in print, radio, and television news.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
Two years of responsible professional experience in fund development is preferred.
Should possess valid unrestricted driver’s license, operational vehicle, vehicle annual registration, and current vehicle insurance (100/300 coverage is mandatory).
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrate values consistent with the stated mission of FPLV.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to speak before small and large groups, including media interviews.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community services and organizations.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations and partner congregations.
- Strong knowledge of computer software and applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and donor management software.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand for long periods. The employee must be able to lift and/or move or transfer 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment varies with the activity level.
- Environments consistent with a standard workplace office.
- Environments such as Church and Faith Houses.
- Environments conducive to travel by airplane.
This position does not supervise any staff members.
How To Apply
Submit a .pdf (electronic) copy of a letter of application, a resume including detailed education and work history, and three professional references to: email@example.com with the subject “Fund Development Director Recruitment.” Qualified candidates will be invited to interview with a panel of FPLV representatives.
Opening Date: October 1, 2020
Closing Date: None – open until filled.