Donor Relations Specialist will serve as the lead for maintaining data and reporting integrity of Goodwill of Southern Nevada’s (GSN) funders in Salesforce and for crafting the strategic communications and sharing the work of the Mission Services team with our funders. This position will ensure information housed in the donor database in Salesforce is current and properly maintained. This position is vital for driving awareness and engagement around GSN’s workforce development and disability programs and their impact in the community.
- Executes fundraising campaigns to current and prospective philanthropic supporters of GSN.
- Creates and maintains current and accurate database and appropriate segmentations of community partners and philanthropic supporters in Salesforce.
- Maintains productive collaboration and partnerships with cross-functional teams, such as Retail Operations, Finance, Marketing, and IT, will be critical.
- Establishes, collects, organizes, and maintains data pertaining to philanthropic donors in Salesforce database and composes departmental reports.
- Oversees entire gift processing initiative including processing of all philanthropic gifts in accordance with Finance processes and GSN donor stewardship guidelines.
- Performs fundraising duties including, but not limited to, executing thank-you calls to donors, handwriting thank-you notes, composing renewal letters to donors, stewarding gifts, researching potential major donors and grant opportunities, etc.
- Assists with planning and executing events including, but not limited to, check presentation ceremonies, donor tours, major donor events, fundraising luncheons, etc.
- Researches and compiles information, verifies accuracy, maintains and updates data for various funding opportunities and meetings with donors.
- Assists with writing digital content including but not limited to participant success stories, Mission Services events, social media posts, electronic newsletters, texting, email, and other communications to steward current donors and attract prospective donors.
- Provides administrative support for the coordination and scheduling of conference rooms and lunches for external and internal meetings for individual donors, groups, and organizations.
- Assist in any other projects as determined by management.
- Develops deep understanding of GSN’s overall programming, fundraising, communications, and advocacy goals.
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience with Salesforce.
- Experienced in communications role with a mission-driven organization is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of all required GSN applications consisting of Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce, texting platform, and e-mail marketing solution to execute donor campaigns and process gifts.
- Strong internet usage skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate information, verbally and in writing, for multiple audiences, knowledge of business English. Ability to do editorial checking for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Demonstrates proficiency with digital communication (social media, newsletters, thank-you notes, timely responses).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and successfully meet guidelines and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, business ethics, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team.
How to Apply: Apply online here.