Your passion for sustainability, education and community has led you to this role. To take the lead on all fundraising efforts to grow a movement through our hydroponics and garden programs at schools, libraries and within communities is your dream job.
You thrive when you are able to cultivate relationships and make others feel important and inspired. You have a proven track record in securing funds from various sources, managing donor relationships, and leading a collaborative and high performing fundraising team. You are organized and adept at multitasking with attention to detail and priority awareness. As an exceptional communicator and leader, you inspire your team and foster a collaborative work environment. Above all, your passion for our mission motivates you to secure the resources necessary to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Annual salary is $70,000 – $110,000.
- Donor Relationship Management: Cultivate and manage relationships with corporations, foundations, and individual donors. Implement strategies to engage and retain donors and acknowledge their contributions appropriately to foster long-term engagement.
- Fundraising Strategy Implementation: Implement the fundraising strategy as outlined by the Vice President of Impact and Partnerships. Regularly report on progress towards fundraising goals and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Team Management & Development: Build and develop a high-performing fundraising team. Provide leadership, training, and mentoring to team members to drive fundraising capacity. The team will consist of a grant writer, project manager to assist in the tracking of grants proposals and implementations, and a data analytics resource responsible for measuring, tracking, and reporting impact for donors and the organization.
- Communicate with Leadership: Regularly communicate with organizational leadership regarding grant status, donor relationships, and progress towards fundraising goals. Prepare and present detailed reports to keep leadership informed of fundraising activities and outcomes.
- Collaboration with Marketing Team: Collaborate closely with the marketing team to share compelling donor stories that highlight the impact of their contributions. Work together to leverage these stories across various marketing and communication channels to inspire further giving.
- Donor Recognition Program Management: Manage and enhance our donor recognition program. Develop strategies for recognizing and appreciating our donors in meaningful ways to foster loyalty and encourage increased giving. Oversee the execution of all donor recognition activities and events. ● Grant Application Management: Oversee the grant application process, ensuring all applications are submitted accurately and on time. Review potential grants for alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Grant Research & Sourcing: Conduct extensive research to identify new grant opportunities that align with our mission and programming. Maintain a comprehensive database of potential funding sources.
- Proposal Editing & Review: Edit and review grant proposals to ensure they are compelling, coherent, and aligned with the grant’s requirements. Provide feedback and guidance to team members on their grant writing.
- General Management Responsibilities: As a director on the GoP team, you will also be responsible for accomplishing department objectives (OKRs) by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities; maintaining staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; ensuring a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities; accomplishing staff results by communicating program goals, job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees as needed and lastly assisting in the creation and maintenance of the department budget. Policies and Procedures in order to carry out these job responsibilities can be found in the Management Team Drive.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, with a focus on grant writing and donor relations.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising from various sources such as corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Proven track record of managing relationships such as donors, corporate sponsors, volunteers, internal staff, consultants, community leaders, and politicians.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong organizational skills, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY
Linsey Careers is working exclusively with Green Our Planet to fill this position. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Angee Linsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.