Helping Hands of Vegas Valley is a non-profit whose mission is to improve the quality of life for senior citizens and their families in order to maintain their dignity and independence. We are looking for a Grant and Development Specialist that writes coherent, organized, and compelling public and private grant proposals for HHOVV. Applies knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. Collaborates with team members in the organization to assist with data and outcomes collection and reporting, relationship development with funders, and key organizational information needed to be successful with grants. Salary range: $40,000-$50,000 annually.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displays adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assists with the execution of the development department’s strategy.
- Identifies foundation, corporate and government grant funding opportunities.
- Writes, submits, and manages grant proposals.
- Furnishes prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and Development Director to send funders, newsletter, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborates with Development Director to compile an annual report.
- Maintains records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent research and data collection skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Familiar with the non-profit sector in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada
Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
Two years of grant writing experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to work well with peers, all clients, volunteers and referral sources.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time.
How to Apply:
Email Susan Concoby at Susan.Concoby@hhovv.org to apply. Please attach your resume and the dates and times that you are available to interview.