ORGANIZATION – The Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance is a public-private partnership dedicated to growing the economy in Southern Nevada through connectivity, community development, and strong business recruitment, retention and outreach. As Southern Nevada’s regional development authority, the LVGEA’s vision is to help residents thrive in a global economy by fostering a more prosperous, diverse and connected regional economy.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Under the direction of the President & CEO, the Director of Investor Services and Engagement is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing fundraising and engagement strategies for all levels of LVGEA investors. This position has one direct report.
We’d like to find somebody with big ideas and extraordinary relationship building skills, who enjoys connecting investors with LVGEA’s mission and working with diverse stakeholders to support our economic and community building efforts.
You’d be a good fit for this job if you …
- Have a passion for nonprofit fundraising
- Enjoy relationship building with community leaders
- Are a self-starter and thrive bringing diverse stakeholders together
- Are comfortable independently leading and completing projects
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES – We are a small, close-knit team, so you can expect variation and flexibility in what you do day-to-day, but generally you’ll work in these areas:
Investor Recruitment and Relations
- Recruit, retain and engage investors at all levels
- Secure sponsorships for events
- Create and implement investor benefit packages
- Lead and manage investor retention and engagement activities
- Organize and implement new investor orientation programming
- Engage board and management in fundraising activities
- Support nominating and governance committee
- Manage investor contracts and in-kind services
- Supervise and direct Fundraising Manager position
- Maintain investor relations management and reporting systems
- Coordinate and collaborate on special events with the Marketing & Communications department
QUALIFICATIONS – If you want to work with us, we’re searching for people who have …
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading fundraising activities
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills
- A bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, marketing, business or related field
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Experience working with senior level executives, nonprofit governance, and external relations
- Significant knowledge of Southern Nevada
Your application will be even better if you have …
- Event management expertise
- Grant writing experience
- Prior experience working with economic development organizations
- An advanced degree in nonprofit management, marketing, business or related field
- Fundraising management and implementation
- Financial forecasting and budget management
- Investor research and reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and CRM software
COMPENSATION – Salary range is commensurate with candidate experience. You will receive a highly-competitive benefits package (401K, medical, dental, vision, life, etc.) as well as three weeks paid-time off, exclusive of holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY – Please submit a cover letter and resume to Danielle Howell, LVGEA’s Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.