The Las Vegas Philharmonic (LV Phil) is in its 22nd season and has established itself among the nation’s leading regional orchestras. The LV Phil believes music is essential to a strong community committed to providing a wide array of programming both in-person and digital that enhances the lives of our resident and culture of our city. The mission is to inspire a lifelong appreciation of music through performances and educational experiences for the community.
The successful candidate has meticulous planning and organizational skills, and has demonstrated success in consistently advancing multiple projects. The position supports the daily operations by overseeing all administrative processes in place to support the management of the organization’s donor relationships and Annual Fund campaign. The Development and Office Manager runs reports for revenue prospecting, review of donors, mailing lists, etc. as needed by the Executive Director. A primary goal of the Development Manager is to keep current, clean and usable data for the Las Vegas Philharmonic. This will be accomplished by maintaining and keeping the Patron Manager (Salesforce) system running efficiently to ensure data management and health. The position assures that information maintained in the system is accurate, up-to-date, and highly reliable. The successful candidate has superb organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, strong computer proficiency, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Manage process of receiving, processing and entering gifts.
- Provide research on potential prospects and add information to constituent database.
- Manage gift acknowledgement process and produce donor letters on a timely basis.
- Assist ED and Finance Manager with monthly management & oversight of Development budget to include the review of the Weekly Revenue Report to ensure all funds and expenses are coded correctly and accounted for.
- Assist with special events planning, preparation and execution and processing of online RSVPs.
- Compile materials for Development prospect meetings.
- Coordinate, attend and draft minutes and other documents for Board Development Committee meetings.
- Assist the Development department with scheduling meetings, calendar and contacts maintenance, meeting preparation, meeting notes and follow-up.
- Provide materials to the Executive Director as needed, including donor or prospect research, letters of solicitation, and acknowledgment.
- Provide administrative support to the LV Phil office
- Serve as the department liaison to administration, operations, and development committee relations as well as serve as a staff liaison for fundraising events, including developing mailing lists, guest lists, and follow up recognition and solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA with minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an area related to development/fundraising, data entry, and donor event coordination.
- Minimum of 2-year nonprofit work experience.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Energy, willingness to take initiative, and a strong enthusiasm for fundraising.
- Excellent writing skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, working with databases and internet research; knowledge of databases with experience with Patron Manager or similar donor software.
- Ability to take initiative with projects to work both independently.
- Flexible and willing to help others in the office when necessary. Team player
- Experience with office procedures and practices and ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Team player, and ability to perform in a dynamic work environment, meeting multiple deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- Appreciation for and familiarity with the Arts is a plus
- Knowledge of telephone and electronic mail protocol.
- Flexibility in schedule.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation is competitive ($42,000-$55,000 annual) and commensurate with experience. Benefits: Health, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter: Must include position desired and salary requirements
- Updated Resume
Applications missing the above information will not be considered.
When submitting your application online, please save your documents as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF (.pdf) files and send it to Executive Director |Las Vegas Philharmonic: firstname.lastname@example.org (email only)