Ready to Lead?
Rare Opportunity for a Development Expert
Our Major Gifts Officer embraces progressive techniques to consistently brand HOPES in the community ensuring sustainable funding opportunities that link to the values and mission of the organization. As our Major Gift Officer you will design, develop and implement our major gift program. The Major Gift Officer is responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing donors and prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to connect with donors, understand their funding priorities, and clearly communicate the organization’s mission is key.
Our Major Gifts Officer will:
Secure Major Gifts
- Manage a portfolio of 50-100 major gift donors and high wealth prospects
- Build, manage and solicit a portfolio of major give prospect
- Conduct personal visits with major donors and prospect
- Schedule a minimum of 8-10 significant visits monthly for the purpose of field research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
Identify, Cultivate, and Steward Donors/Prospects
- Identify major gift prospects and develop compelling engagement strategies to solicit and close gifts
- Create and implement moves management plans
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist board members and key staff with their solicitation
- Identify, develop, and cultivate a significant pipeline of prospects as part of the organization’s evolving fundraising strategy
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
Data Management and Reporting
- Prepare written proposals, gift agreements, and other materials needed
- Document major gifts and donor/prospect interaction
- Utilize GiftWorks to maintain records of contacts with donors and prospects
- Analyze potential donor research materials to target appropriate funders
- Track, evaluate, and present relevant giving information to leadership
How to Apply
View our posting and apply online here.