ABOUT OPERA LAS VEGAS
Opera Las Vegas heads into its 22nd year of enriching the cultural landscape of Southern Nevada by strengthening our Las Vegas communities’ relationship to the art of opera through accessible, engaging, and high caliber performance experiences.
The Development and Operations Manager will assist and report to the General Director in all areas of development including stewardship, community outreach, and event planning and execution.
- Must embrace the mission of Opera Las Vegas.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Knowledge of budgeting processes and ability to manage operations within budgetary constraints.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Oversees stewardship, including formulating and implementing gift strategies in collaboration with the General Director and the development team.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Assist grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about all development opportunities with the community.
- Supervise, staff, and collaborate with the Development and Operations Committees. Staff Development and Operations Committee meetings.
- Oversee CRM database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Able to work during the evening for special events and concerts. Reports monthly at Board of Directors meeting.
- Participate in philanthropic networks. Stay abreast and monitor trends in the nonprofit and foundation arena. Identify and undertake professional development and training.
- Enhance and maintain all internal procedures, policies, and structures required to create an efficient and effective working environment.
- Correspond with vendors, volunteers and contractors, assisting the General Director as needed.
- Develop and maintain all internal procedures, policies, and structures required to create an efficient and effective working environment
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed in this job; others may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is desired (along with a passion for the arts) and minimum 3 years of professional development, sales, or relevant field.
$50,000 – $60,000. Monthly health insurance stipend.
For consideration, interested candidates may email resume and cover letter describing specific qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position begins as soon as possible.
Opera Las Vegas is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.