Founded in 2002, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive, not simply struggle to get by, in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Operation Homefront is sourcing candidates for an Area Manager position in Las Vegas, NV.
The primary responsibility of the Area Manager is to manage and develop assigned personnel, direct programs and community events, and fundraise within a designated multi-state area, as part of Operation Homefront Region 6; oversees programming throughout Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico. This position plans, secures funding, coordinates, organizes, and oversees program implementation and evaluation. The Area Manager assesses the needs of the local community and develops the programs to meet those needs. This person will cultivate donor relationships and local partnerships for monetary and in-kind donations, as well as volunteer engagement, and coordinates localized outreach efforts to military families and units.
Desired candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Project Management, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience in nonprofit event coordination and with social service programs preferred
- Experience with military families and programs preferred
- Ability to pass criminal background check and MVR
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with MS Office Programs, SharePoint, VolunteerHub, Raiser’s Edge preferred
Primary job duties include:
- Planning and coordinating all program and community activities within assigned area of responsibility, benefitting military family support services in the community; supports and leads all assigned personnel in their program delivery
- Researching funding opportunities, compiling donor information, and assisting with grant writing and applications to gain sponsorship and donations, in coordination with the Senior Regional Director and Development team
- Supervising all assigned personnel, to include Program Manager East, volunteers, and interns; managing professional development and performance reviews for staff
- Cultivating assigned pipeline of donors and creating new donor relationships, including with corporate partners, foundations, third party event organizers, and individual donors. Providing support to the Red Rock Golf Classic event and planning committee
- Ensuring accurate recordkeeping for all programs and events, including tracking of inventory, in-kind donations, and budget expenses, in accordance with Operation Homefront’s Standard Operating Procedures and related manuals/guides
- Developing and growing community relationships with clients, service providers, volunteers, community partners, military organizations or representatives, and all posts, armories, and bases in the area
- With Program Manager East support, overseeing volunteer program (including internships) for Area East; coordinating local volunteer assignments, recruitment, training, support/supervision, and retention, and building opportunities for volunteer leadership positions
- Submitting monthly content for state newsletters in the region, as well as internal OH communications and bi-weekly newsletters; submitting social media content related to local events and partnerships to digital engagement team; coordinating local media relations/outreach with integrated public relations team
- Managing Field Office operations in Las Vegas, Nevada, with support from volunteers and Senior Director
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.
$55,000-$65,000 per year