Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also prepare individuals for careers through our workforce development and education programs (ITWorks, CXWorks, and PunchCode). www.techimpact.org, www.itworks.org, www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org
The Las Vegas Development Coordinator reports remotely to the Development Director (located in Wilmington, Delaware). Primary responsibilities are cultivation of Las Vegas program funding opportunities; grant writing, reporting, and administration; and local fundraising event support.
This position will be based out of our Las Vegas office, with some flexibility to work remotely. There will be some local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and events, and occasional travel to our Wilmington, DE office and Philadelphia, PA headquarters.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Prepare corporate, foundation, and government grant applications and reports, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Represent Tech Impact at meetings, events and funder information sessions that provide the opportunity to engage with community leaders and cultivate funding relationships.
- Research and identify local, regional, and national funding opportunities which support Las Vegas-based programming.
- Track data and supporting documentation for grants, include maintenance of accurate data in a CRM (Salesforce), and hardcopy and electronic documentation.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Provide support for the annual Las Vegas fundraising event.
- Assist with special projects and support the other Development team members as needed.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working at a nonprofit organization in a fundraising capacity is required, preferably in theLas Vegas market.
- 2+ years of grant writing, administration, and reporting experience is required.
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience with funder and donor research is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel, and some experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce, is required.
- The ability to think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy is required. This individual should be organized and detail-oriented, work well in a team environment, and also be capable of self-managing.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and budgeting, and familiarity with government funding (including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act – WIOA) and workforce development trends and best practices, is a plus.
How to Apply: All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and current writing sample with the subject line “Las Vegas Development Coordinator” to Jobs@techimpact.org.