Nevada Regional Director Job Description
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and knowledge resources to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also prepare individuals for careers through our ITWorks, CXWorks, and PunchCode workforce development programs. www.techimpact.org, www.itworks.org, www.cxworks.org, https://punchcode.org/.
The Nevada Regional Director reports to the Managing Director of Programs and Philanthropy. Primary responsibilities are overseeing Nevada general operations, running the PunchCode coding school, and community engagement including the Southern Nevada Advisory Board. The right candidate will be excited about joining the movement to increase diversity in tech, and really cares about making a difference in education and in people’s lives.
This position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada, with occasional travel to our Philadelphia headquarters and other local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all Nevada business operations, and manage PunchCode budget and P&L, campus expenditures and activities within guidelines.
- Develop new opportunities for Tech Impact in Nevada.
- Maintain good standing with the Nevada Commission of Postsecondary Education.
- Demonstrate familiarity with NRS 394 and NAC 394.
- Cultivate and engage the Southern Nevada and PunchCode Advisory Boards, comprised of local companies and community partners.
- Oversee the annual Technology Awards Luncheon, along with other Tech Impact staff members.
- Coordinate class schedules, staff meetings, and community-based events
- Work within the community to drive awareness and build enrollment pipelines
- Ensure that staff is adequately trained and prepared to deliver curriculum
- Represent Tech Impact at speaking engagements, community events and conferences
- Work with PunchCode Program Manager to develop admissions pipeline
- Work with graduates to develop a post-graduation career plan
- Develop and deliver career service programs to assist graduates in finding jobs.
- 5+ years of management experience (preferably in technology)
- Experience managing employees, budgets, and operational procedures
- Have relationships with employers, government officials, and community members • Have a history as an organizer within your local tech community
- A clear understanding of modern programming technologies and software development
- Experience organizing events and coordinating sponsorships
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Must be able to pass Nevada Commission on Post-secondary Education background check – includes fingerprinting, evidence of Nevada residency, evidence of 2 years managerial experience, and requires transcripts from highest level of education (see Notes).
How to Apply: All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Nevada Regional Director” to Jobs@techimpact.org.
As academic director, the following is required:
- High school diploma and;
- Evidence of two years of work or teaching experience in the subject assigned; or,
- Evidence of a bachelor’s degree if assigned undergraduate academic degree; or
- Evidence of a master’s degree if assigned master’s degree; or,
- Evidence of doctorate degree if assigned doctorate degree.
- Individuals with post-secondary education degrees can provide evidence of the degree in lieu of high school completion