Responsible for coordination of comprehensive grants program to generate resources in support of The Animal Foundation’s activities in pursuit of its mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and researches local, regional, and national foundations, as well as corporate giving programs whose funding missions are aligned with the mission of The Animal Foundation.
- Writes and edits grant proposals/letters of inquiry, working closely with internal teams.
- Manages all steps of the proposal/grant process from research to interim and final reporting, evaluations, and timelines.
- Keeps calendar of grant opportunities and tracking spreadsheet of current grants with details for reporting.
- Manages regular meetings with TAF departments (including Marketing and Operations) to stay on track with reporting requirements and discuss ideas for new grant opportunities as they arise.
- Works with Director of Development & Marketing and other Senior Leadership team members to build and maintain relationships with major grant funding organizations. Provides regular updates to these organizations as part of the overall stewardship effort.
- Meets regularly with the Accounting Department to ensure that grant fund releases are on schedule and in compliance with grant agreements.
- Supports preparation of proposal documents for presentations to potential donors.
- Develops processes and procedures to manage and track the grant process from research, writing, tracking and reporting.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s service to its guests by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a work team.
- Provides responsive, meaningful and compassionate service to all guests as outlined in the organizations Guest Service Charter
- Applies the principles of The Animal Foundation’s Core Values toward the goal of bettering self, the organization and others
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in development/marketing operations.
- Equivalent combination of formal education and appropriate related experience may be considered.
License & Certification Requirements: Nevada Driver License
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical language usage sufficient to write contracts, bids and/or grants.
- Principles and practices of basic accounting.
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods as pertains to goal setting and progress measurement.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including record keeping systems and the operation of office equipment, computers, and associated software.
- Techniques for dealing effectively with co-workers and the public, in person and over the telephone.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including editing documentation.
- Performing analysis and research.
- Planning, organizing, and multi-tasking duties and responsibilities.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Project and time management.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Effective and efficient use of computer software and hardware.
- Maintaining a dependable, professional and courteous office environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Physical ability and mobility to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Strength to lift and/or move materials weighing up to 25 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally. Vision to read printed materials. Stamina to sit and work with computer for an extended period of time. Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
All team members work in a culture of continuous improvement and are expected to support our mission. Team members must be able to clearly articulate our goals, actively participate in outstanding customer service, and accept responsibility for maintaining our culture of philanthropy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected of this position. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing or description of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents in the job.
How to Apply:
Apply via The Animal Foundation website (no phone calls, please).