Organization Name: Three Square Food Bank
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
Employees Supervised: None
Hours/Week: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Annual Salary Range: $54,000-$60,000
The Development Officer is responsible for the coordination and strategy development for the solicitation of individual donors and prospects in the support of Three Square Food Bank. This position manages donor relationships, which will involve identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding of individual donors. The focus should be on sustaining existing support, building deeper relationships with new donors and developing personalized strategies for a portfolio of mid-level donors. This position will work closely with the Director of Development (DOD), Director of Donor Relations (DDR), and others to coordinate and carry out Three Square’s fundraising efforts.
Essential Job Functions
Donor Engagement & Portfolio Management
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors by proactively cultivating, stewarding and soliciting individual donors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with current donors, potential new donors and community leaders to foster new opportunities.
- Coordinate and implement internal and external fundraising events and campaigns.
- Attend, represent, and speak on behalf of Three Square at public events.
- Ensure each donor experience with Three Square is consistent and high quality.
- Identify and qualify potential donors, and ensure successful proposal development and submission for current donors and prospective donors.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Must become well-versed in Three Square’s priorities and Core Data.
Planning & Strategy
- Strategize on portfolio assignments and fundraising goals to maximize gifts to Three Square.
- Support and lead activities within Three Square’s Annual Development Plan and Giving Society.
- Work effectively with team to build and execute strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Write or update standard operating procedures, work instructions, guidelines or policies.
- Confer with other departments as needed to coordinate activities.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for review by DOD and DDR; Submit monthly updates that accurately reflect donor engagement activities.
- Analyze data or information and create reporting function based on data.
- Maintain current and accurate donor records and contact information in the database and across all communication channels.
- Serve as an active member of the Development Team and cross-functional Strategic Gifts Team, contributing to goal setting and the refinement of processes and procedures.
- Play and active role in executing and supporting Three Square’s fundraising and strategic plans.
- Manage confidential information.
- Provide on and offsite support for Three Square events and other activities as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- In consultation and coordinator with supervisor, duties are performed under minimal supervision and established guidelines.
- Demonstrates common sense, flexibility and teamwork with ability to exercise independent judgment. Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
Responsibility/Oversight – Financial & Supervisory
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise and direct the work of volunteers.
- Financial responsibility includes developing and working within a budget to complete projects and assisting with budget development and meeting fundraising targets.
- Responsibility to work within scope of Three Square’s strategic goals.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and occasionally holidays; travel to multiple location.
Experience and Education: Four or more years of similar experience. Ability and confidence to identify, cultivate and close mid to large gifts from individuals. Bachelor’s degree in related field. Work experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to perform and communicate in a highly professional manner.
- Enjoys and seeks out opportunities to engage with donors, in-person, over the phone and through other communication channels.
- Must be able to persuasively articulate Three Square’s mission, values, and information to multiple audiences in a compelling way including presentations and written proposals.
- Ability to develop long-term plans, set objectives, and track progress towards achieving objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Curiosity, coupled with strong research/analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the concepts of moves management is a plus.
- Sensitivity, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to honor confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Donor Perfect (or similar CRM) database experience.
How to Apply
Please submit an application online at https://www.threesquare.org/employment.
Three Square Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.