Primary responsibility of the Philanthropy Manager (PM) position is to solicit annual and major gifts in support of Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada annual operating and capital projects. The Philanthropy Manager will be responsible for establishing close working relationships with prospects and donors as well as the members of the board of directors, the philanthropy committee, senior leaders and volunteers to meet annual fundraising goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies for assigned prospects with the ultimate goal of closing the gift. Manages a portfolio of 100-125 prospects.
- Identify new financial support opportunities from the community with the goal of expanding the number of viable qualified major gift donors for VMSN.
- As a part of the professional philanthropy staff, assist with the institution’s efforts to develop significant growth from major gifts.
- In consultation with the Philanthropy Director and in alignment with the stewardship plan, provide personalized stewardship to assigned donors.
- Ensure receipt, acknowledgement and allocation of secured gifts according to the requirements of the IRS and the donor.
- Assist in the planning of marketing activities; including preparation of brochures, posters, advertisements, email blasts, blog posts, news releases etc.
- Process and entry of all donations, pledges, etc.
- Creation and dissemination of quarterly newsletter and all donor communications.
- Responsible for social media updates and maintenance of social media campaigns.
- Prepare weekly reports of gifts and pledges for Philanthropy Director.
- Obtain and document patient and volunteer testimonials.
- Responsible for coordinating outreach and fundraising events activities.
- Prepare and run all grant and philanthropy reports.
- Responsible for staying current with philanthropy trends and assisting to execute within VMSN’s philanthropic model.
- Aid in planning, preparation and solicitation of all aspects of annual Hands Together Gala; to include registration, execution and post event follow up.
- Taking and distributing detailed minutes for all philanthropy department related meetings; duties include distribution and management of all follow up and action items.
- Meet regularly with the Philanthropy Director to review the current status of prospect development.
- Attend in-service education programs as required.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CFRE Preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ of experience in a professional fundraising role with a demonstrated ability to solicit and close gifts.
- Previous experience in healthcare fundraising preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities.
- High proficiency in Donor Perfect CRM and solid understanding of the principle of database management and development process workflow.
- Excellent oral, written (proposals) and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically to plan, solicit, close and steward gifts at various levels.
- Ability to develop substantive relationships with prospects and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to work with board members and volunteers to raise gifts at various levels.
- Ability to work in a team environment to meet annual goals.
- Self-motivated. Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Education and experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Proficient in office computer technology – to include MS Office Suite, databases, etc.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with cover letter, salary requirements and updated resume.